Thursday, September 20, 2007

Red Bird, No Turd!

Hey, Cardinal Fans: Savor this victory because you never know when the next victory will happen. Stand tall! Be Proud! The Cardinal Play was made by the other team! The Seattle Seahawks fumbled the hand off on what would have been a winning drive. The Cardinals recovered, drove down the field to put themselves in field goal position and Neil Rackers kicked it straight through the uprights. I had to pinch myself. We took advantage of a Seahawk mistake and didn’t screw it up!

Stand Outs: The physical play of the offensive and defensive lines was outstanding. The offensive line made holes for Edgerrin James and did not allow a sack. Lyle Sendlein, center, stepped in and did not miss a beat. Darnell Dockett (DT) got the push up the middle and got to the quarterback. Maybe the Cardinals for once got their money’s worth with the contract extension they gave to Dockett last year. Kudos goes to Coach Whisenhunt and Coach Grimm who, in my opinion, had the Cardinals playing more consistent throughout the whole game.

*Special thanks to Seattle Bob, a season ticket holder with Beandipdodg and me. He flew in from Seattle to cheer the Cardinals to victory and had to ride in the car with both of us as well as a pot of bean dip and a carton of wings. There has to be a special place for Bob in heaven—or is it hell??!!

2 comments:

admin said...

As I sat watching the Mighty Broncos in the comforts of Invesco Field at Mile High, I saw the score of the Cards game at 17-nil. I couldn't believe my eyes. The next time I looked, it was 17-17 - the 'hawks evened it up! Same old Cards, I thought. I was surprised to see the end result, 23-20 Cards. Thank god the 2007 version of the 'hawks are inept, eh?

Anonymous said...

go cubs!

 
]]>